On attending this course, participants will be able to:
1. Get updates on changes in IFRS
2. Apply new standards on revenue, lease and financial instruments
3. Know the current requirements for presentation of IFRS financial statements and related disclosures.
4. Be able to comfortably prepare IFRS Compliant financial statements.
5. Address the practical issues arising when implementing IFRS in Tanzania.
6. Develop appropriate accounting policies and disclosures
Fees and Payment
TZS 750,000 per person (VAT inclusive)-including lunch to be paid through bank deposits to Account no: 0150303162800, CRDB Bank, Account Name: Auditax International or Cheques to be written in the name of Auditax International and delivered to our offices: Dar es Salaam: PPF Tower, 7th Floor, Ohio Street / Garden Avenue. Confirmation: Kindly confirm attendance by calling +255 719 878490/ +255 652 864952 /+255 737106994 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Kindly remember to deduct 5% withholding tax on the amount exclusive VAT and present the payment evidence and withholding tax certificate at the venue
Download our TaxAccounts 24/7 App on Google play store and Apple store for Tanzania tax laws and updates on their changes; quick insights into accounting and auditing standards; researched articles on tax, accounting and auditing as well as the latest news on various trainings organised by Auditax International.
1. Introduction to IFRS
2. IFRSs for preparation of financial statements
- Presentation of Financial Statements (IAS 1)
- Statement of Cash Flow (IAS 7)
- Changes in accounting policies, estimates and errors (IAS 8)
- Events after reporting period (IAS 10)
- Operating segment (IFRS 8)
- Related party disclosure (IAS 24)
- Earnings per share (IAS 33)
- Interim financial reports (IAS 34)
- Discontinued operations (IFRS 5)
- Inventory (IAS 2)
- Property, plant and equipment (IAS 16)
- Borrowing Costs (IAS 23)
- Intangible assets (IAS 38)
- Investment property (IAS 40)
- Impairment of assets (IAS 36)
- Non-Current assets held for sale (IFRS 5)
4. Liabilities and Expenses & Updates
- Lease (IFRS16)
- Employment benefits (IAS 19)
- Provision, Contingent liabilities and Contingent assets (IAS 37)
- Share-based payment (IFRS 2)
5. Financial Instruments
- Financial assets and liabilities, hedging and derivatives (IFRS 9)
6. Income Taxes
- Income taxes (IAS 12)
7. Revenue Recognition
- Revenue from contracts with customers (IFRS 15)
8. Foreign Currency matters
- The effect of change in foreign exchange rates (IAS 21)
9. Business Combination, Consolidation, Associates & Joint Arrangements
- Business Combination (IFRS 3)
- Consolidated Financial Statements (IFRS 10)
- Separate Financial statements (IAS 27)
- Investments in Associates and Joint ventures (IAS 28)
- Joint Arrangements (IFRS 11)
- Disclosure of Interest in other entities (IFRS12)
10. Special Areas
- Accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance (IAS 20)
- Accounting and reporting by retirement benefits plans (IAS 26)
11. IFRS updates and IASB Work Plan
Who should attend?
- Accounting staff of Government Agencies and NGOs using IFRS
- Accountants of Private Sector Organizations such as banks, constructions, tourism, mining, agriculture, trade, real estate, telecoms etc
- Internal Auditors of Organizations which are using IFRSs
- Accountants and Finance staff of International Organizations/Agencies using IFRS
- External Auditors & Consultants.
- University and other Academic Accounting Staff.
Do you want IFRS course in House?
Kindly contact us if you require this course in house:
Mobile: +255 719 878490
Landline: +255 22 2120692
Other Courses offered by Auditax International
Tax, IPSAS, Finance for Non- Financial Managers, Procurement, Strategy, Leadership, Financial Management etc